Friday, June 3, 2011

Chimichurri

My friend Arlene makes several different tasty Chimichurri sauces.  My favorite is the Mango Tango.  I use it for so many dishes.  I used Mango Tango this evening on Salmon.  It was delicious!






Baked Salmon on Arugula
What you need:
Salmon
3 Cups Arugula
1 Corn on the cob
1 red bell pepper
Mimimcurrys Mango Tango Chimichurri sauce

Preheat oven to 375.  The first thing I did when I made this dish was put the Red Bell Pepper in the oven about thirty minutes before the salmon went in the oven.  I drizzle olive oil on the red bell pepper as well as salt and pepper.  When roughly 30 minutes have passed take bell pepper out of the oven.  Place bell pepper in a plastic bag or plastic wrap.  This helps the skin to come off easily.  Bake Salmon for 18 minutes.  While the salmon is baking spread your washed fresh Arugula on a plate or platter.  This is a little tip I just tried and it worked great!  I put my corn in husk in the microwave for 45 seconds.  The corn was so good.  I cut off the corn with a knife.   Then, I chopped the red bell pepper and tossed it and the corn together.  This made a yummy, lovely, and quick add in for the arugula salad.  When the salmon is ready place it on the bed of arugula salad.  Add Mango Tango Chimichurri sauce and serve.  Enjoy!  

Side note: I like to take Mimimcurrys Mango Tango Chimichurri out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter for about 20 minutes until it is room temperature.

Check out all the different sauces Arlene makes over at http://www.mimimccurrys.com/

     "http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com"    

No comments:

Post a Comment