Saturday, August 27, 2011

My first sewing project

I learned to sew today!  Yipee!!  I am so excited I finally figured it out.  My MIL sent me a sewing machine for my birthday last October.  I wanted to learn but I felt intimidated as I have never been around a sewing machine before.  Thanks to a couple of great youtube videos I now can sew.  Last week I took my three year old daughter to Joann's fabric.  She picked out these two fabrics, and I set out determined this time to learn to sew her a bag for her ballet stuff.  I followed a wonderful tutorial.  It is a reversible bag 13.5"x14".  The only thing I messed up on is the straps.  I put them on wrong.  But, I am still proud of my first sewing project.  I learned how not to do the straps on the next bag.  I just finished it and Addison is sleeping.  I can't wait for her to see it in the morning.  Oh, I cut out the flower and the letter "A" on my cricut.  So fun, so easy, and I am looking forward to my next sewing project :)

Here is my inspiration and the tutorial I followed... 

http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. super cute looks like your first time was a success come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! Sewing is awesome but can be frustrating at times. cute bag!!! If you get a chance I would love you to link your bag up to More the Merrier Monday. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous!!!

    would love it if you could share this post on my new link party, Serenity Saturday, over at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete